Looking to start tracing your family roots? These resources will help you get started.
- Ancestry Library Edition (In Library use only) - One of the most comprehensive online genealogical resources
- HeritageQuest – Searchable images, census records and digitized family and local histories
- Family Search – Resources from the Latter Day Saints
- Granville Times – Searchable index of the newspaper from 1881-1941. Provided by the Granville Historical Society.
- Ohio Death Certificate Index – 1913 to 1937 provided by the Ohio Historical Society
- Ohio Memory Project – Online scrapbook of Ohio History. Includes digital collection from the Licking County Library.
- Social Security Death Index – searchable database of over 68 million records
- Licking County Genealogical Society – located in the Main Library
Licking County Genealogical Society
The Licking County Genealogical Society is a chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society; the largest state genealogical society in the United States. The LCGS collects, preserves, organizes, and offers educational classes to help genealogist researching their Ohio ancestors.
Located on the Upper Level of the Main Library
101 W. Main St
Newark OH, 43055
Tues. and Thurs. 12-4 P.M.
Wed. 1-7:30 P.M.
Fri. and Sat. 1-4 P.M.
Closed on Sunday and Monday
Special hours available upon request