Tablets for Tots
The Tablets for Tots program is a pilot program with funding provided by a Target grant. The tablets come pre-loaded with interactive eBooks and apps which promote early literacy for ages 0-6.
- Only current Licking County Library (LCL) cardholders in good standing with a current address on file may borrow one of the Tablets for Tots devices.
- Customers will need to the program guidelines prior to the first checkout acknowledging financial responsibility for lost or damaged equipment.
- Only one tablet may be checked out per library card.
- The Tablets for Tots devices check out for 28 days and are not renewable.
- A parent/guardian signature and ID are required for patrons under 18 years of age.
The Tablets for Tots devices must be returned to a staff member and NOT placed in the inside or outside bookdrop.
- Library staff will:
- Check in the device.
- Verify the device is in operating condition.
- Do a visual check to ensure the following items are returned in good condition:
- Nook Tablet or iPad mini
- Tablet cover
- Power adapter (2 pieces)
- Quick start guide
- Neoprene Geek bag
- If any technical problems are encountered, the tablet must be returned to the library as soon as possible. A member of the Emerging Technologies and Digital Content department will resolve the issue.
- A returned tablet will not be circulated again until library staff can ensure the functionality of the tablet. If it is determined that the device is damaged, appropriate fees will be added to the patron’s account.
Fees and Liabilities:
- Overdue fines are $5 per day up to a maximum of $25
- The customer will be charged replacement fees for any items not returned in the Tablets for Tots kit or for items returned damaged.
- Do not leave the tablet on the Circulation Desk or Lower Level Service Desk if a staff member is not present.
- If lost or damaged, the customer will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the tablet and accessories.
- Replacement costs for tablets:
- Replacement costs for accessories
- Nook AC adapter and USB cord $25
- iPad mini AC adapter and USB cord $30
- Nook cover $15
- iPad mini cover $30
- Neoprene Geek bag $5
- LCL does not accept Nook tablets or iPad minis purchased by customers in lieu of payment.
Source URL: http://lickingcountylibrary.info/content/tablets-for-tots